Finally got the time to finish all the new features I had planned for 1.1. The most notable new feature is multiple archer support – it is now possible to enter the scores of 2 or more archers into the same round. Target-type round flinging is a bit different for multiple archers. Flinging left or right chooses the previous or next archer. Flinging up or down switches the distances for the currently selected archer.
Imperial target face was also added but not the round templates for it. At the moment everyone interested in scoring imperial rounds has to create their own templates with this target face. If you want to see templates also added, please send me the detailed specifications of it, including name, distances, end count, arrows per end, target size.
A more detailed list of what has changed with this version is available on the Changelog page.
The app has progressed quite a lot since the last update but a lot of the features are not mature enough to force onto everyone. Finishing this version will take a lot more time and so that users wouldn’t think that I have abandoned the app, I will upload my development version for everyone to try and give feedback. I have also made a lot of code refactoring and changes ‘under the hood’ so there may be some new bugs introduced with this version. The list of changes is available here.
If you are interested, here are the instructions for installing the beta version:
- Though your data should be safe, make sure you back it up before installing the development version!
- Android does not allow installing apps that are not downloaded from Market by default. You have to allow installation of non-Market apps in your device’s settings menu. On my phone, it is located at Settings -> Security -> Unknown sources, but it may be different for other devices.
- Download the apk file (edit: link removed since the version was uploaded to Google Play) with your phone’s internet browser and run it. You can also transfer it to your phone through computer but then you have to use a file manager, like Astro, to run it.
Here are the things I still need to do:
- Show archer names or sort by archer on round details screen
- Show archer names or sort by archer on edit notes and view notes screens
- Saving as excel worksheet does not show archer names
- Scorecard view does not jump to next archer when finishing an end
I will try to keep the file in this post as up to date as possible. So whenever something gets implemented or fixed, the download link will be updated.
This version contains only fixes to various problems.
* Fixed a problem with scorecard panning – with some combinations of end counts and shots per end, the scorecard could not be scrolled as much right as needed.
* Scorecard below the target now scrolls properly again – in version 0.9.95 the scorecard didn’t scroll down any more when an end was finished.
* Added BugSense automatic error reporting – you no longer have to press the “Send error report” button when a crash or freeze happens 🙂
The most significant new feature is the ability to export your scores to an excel workbook. Be aware that the excel file does not contain any formatting yet.
See changelog for the full list of changes.
Though this version contains mostly fixes, there’s also a new feature. Load screen now shows the total for each round. On first starting this version, it may take a while to calculate the scores if you have added a lot of rounds. This will happen only once though.
There are probably times when you don’t want or have the time to place all the shots onto the target face. So this update adds a new feature to address this – scorecard mode. It is now possible to mark your shots directly onto scorecard without having to mess around with shot placement.
* Reversed round loading screen sort order – newer are first
* Added preference for precision panel shot movement speed
* Made precision panel center on the current location
Changes in this version:
* Can now delete last shot by doing a long click on the score
* Can now delete entire end by doing a long click on the end total
* Hit counter in statistics now has sorting
* New view filter added: show only last end. If a new end is started, the previous one will disappear from the target after a few seconds.
* Fixed precision panel shot placement inconsistencies
* Fixed problems with target panel aspect ratios other than 1
* Fixed some bugs with view filters